ESPN Creative Studio is a unit within the Content division of ESPN. Our staff comprises of Motion Graphics, Edit, Visual Storytelling, Production Enhancements and Innovations, Creative Operations, and the Music group. Positions within Creative Studio include; Video Editors, Post Editors, Producer Editors, Sound Design, Graphic Designers, Project Managers and Art Directors, etc. We are the go-to destination to conceptualize, develop, and execute content creation across all domestic and international ESPN distribution platforms.
The Post Production Editor is an experienced, knowledgeable, and well-versed non-linear editor who edits basic to intermediate level content to support all ESPN Production groups and performs supporting functions including media ingest/conversion, graphics creation and audio production. Responsibilities outside of this description may be required based on company and/or department initiatives. The Post Production Editor is expected to be a solid collaborator amongst various teams while editing at a proficient level.
- Proficient edit skills and ability to perform well under pressure, high demand, strict timelines and/or live conditions with little supervision.
- Edits a wide range of assignments within the particular discipline that is indicated by the job title.
- Conducts quality control measuring and corrective action steps to ensure and/or enhance product
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of workflow, equipment and facility layout in assigned areas for troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Creative Studio.
- Organization, efficiency, and planning skills are required.
- Participation in training programs, (physical classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation.
- Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans.
- Share information and offer solutions to standard workflow and system problems.
- Initiate productive interactions with coworkers and clients. Together, complete the expected assignments based upon timelines and pre-determined guidelines.
- Provides quality service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management.
- Understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and solutions.
- As necessary, participate in team-based projects and contribute recommendations towards departmental objectives.
- Solid understanding of editing file structures, broadcast measurements, and A/V formats.
- Solid understanding of the theory and esthetics of graphics creation, color correction, and audio mixing.
- A minimum of three years of editing or related experience, college internship or related work in a large market or network level television.
- Ability to edit on a Non-linear system.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
- Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Final Cut Pro
- After Effects
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience